It is against the law to keep wild animals at home. Wild animals belong to the wild and keeping them at home limits their freedom to express natural behavior.
Reasons that justify ‘wild not pets’
- Wild animals need to be with their own kind
- A wild animal cannot eat the same food as you or your pet
- Wild animals carry diseases that can easily be transmitted to humans
- Wild animals can attack you and your loved ones
- Keeping wild animals as pets denies them freedom to express natural behavior