Selfies with the wild is something thought to be very cool, but what most people don’t realize is wildlife selfies is animal cruelty.
Be it a local, a tourist, there should be no excuse of taking selfies with the wild, in the wrong way. If need be for a selfie with a wild animal, the person should maintain a safe distance with the animal, ensure that the animal can move freely, and the animal should be in its natural habitat.
Some of the reasons that drive the discouragement of wildlife selfies include;
- Selfies with the wild inflicts stress and suffering on the animal
- Animals are robbed of their freedom
- Contact with human beings makes their chances of survival back in the wild harder
- Behind the scenes, animals are beaten into submission
- Repeatedly baiting animals with food can have a long term negative impact on its biology and behavior.
Looking at these reasons, you notice the kind of suffering animals are subjected to when taking irresponsible selfies. We should always be cautious when taking selfies with wildlife, no matter how much our love and affection towards them could be.